- To protect and secure the country through effective institutional programs and policy development to combat cybercrime;
- To strengthen Domestic and International Cooperation on Cyber Intelligence, Investigation and Digital Operations;
- To promote cybercrime awareness and institutionalize Cybercrime Prevention Capacity Build-up; and,
- To ensure the Filipino People to be happy and secured online.
POWERS AND FUNCTIONS
According to the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012, the CICC will have the following powers and functions:
- To coordinate the preparation of appropriate and effective measures to prevent and suppress cybercrime activities as provided for in R.A. 10175;
- To monitor cybercrime cases being bandied by participating law enforcement and prosecution agencies;
- To facilitate international cooperation on intelligence, investigations, training and capacity building related to cybercrime prevention, suppression and prosecution;
- To coordinate the support and participation of the business sector, local government units and nongovernment organizations in cybercrime prevention programs and other related projects;
- To recommend the enactment of appropriate laws, issuances, measures and policies;
- To call upon any government agency to render assistance in the accomplishment of the CICC’s mandated tasks and functions; and
- To perform all other matters related to cybercrime prevention and suppression, including capacity building and such other functions and duties as may be necessary for the proper implementation of R.A. 10175.